Sunday, November 1, 2015

Entry#1: Oh Blog ! My thoughts and a few favorites-

I have used a blog platform for many years to dispatch my love of the desert. In fact I have\had used two blogs at the same time to try to enhance my SEO standings on Google to promote my website. Over a year ago I began to question if my blogs were relevant (to me) anymore. My page statistics were alarming as I saw a large decrease of people visiting my page(s).  BUT- I was amused as I saw my Facebook desert page ( www.facebook.com/desertmag ) getting more likes and interactions. 

Maybe I could have done more to be more relevant and viable and use a better strategy such as having my blogs also appear on my Facebook and Twitter feeds.
Recently I had a conversation with some peers who had some good insight about blogs and social media. Facebook will always find strategic ways to increase profit. As an example- I have 11,600 people who are on my page- but in reality maybe ten percent of my audience will see my post.

Blogging is still very relevant today as a business model and as an outlet to many individuals who have unique content to share with the world.

Personally for me, I am going to re-evaluate my business model on blogging and I think I can possibly find ways to bring back my audience.  If you have the time- I ask that you look at my blogs and can make suggestions… THANK YOU ! !








I have enjoyed the blog page of Archeology Southwest for quite a few years. It’s a page devoted to the preservation of archeology. The pages are well kept and in an order that makes reading an easy event. The search feature also comes in handy when looking up past items. Can you dig it?




Mr. Diaz has a page that is devoted to adventures in the desert. It’s a personal page that he shares trip reports with his followers. Like most blogs that I encounter for my own reading- very easy to follow and is searchable for past articles. I also like the page, as it has no ads that show up free of sponsorship.  He also is good at posting articles regularly with new content.




I like music- let me say that again...I REALLY LIKE MUSIC ! And sometimes I like to revert to classic rock. It’s like wearing a good pair of 501 Levi jeans. I like the NTX Classic Rock blog as I can find “good” music info from today as well as artist from the past. The page is very well thought out and in an easy structure to move my eyes around. The colors of the page and the background are also designed very well.

http://ntxclassicrockblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment