Sunday, November 15, 2015

Capitalism: A Love Story EXTRA CREDIT

Capitalism: A Love Story
Michael Moore
Released 2009

I have seen many of Michael Moore’s films and they are insightful documentaries. And, I have known people who call his films propaganda.

An example would be the people who lost their houses. Some might say they deserved it without knowing the factors that led to property loss. I know many people who felt like that people get what they deserve…. UNTIL it happens to them.

Many people I believe sit comfortably in their personal fortresses and look down on the people who Moore brings attention to. We also elect people who seemed to go with the flow afraid to challenge the status quo.

In his film, he sometimes challenges the suited Wall Street boys and entices the banking industry to give back our money. Though silly- I found that repelling that taxpayer money was used for the benefit of big banks with the aided idea that the economy would falter as an excuse.


Again- I feel that we love our capitalism- but at the expense of others.



1 comment:

  1. Rock--Nice entries. Interesting points and topics. Thoughtful analysis and development. Engaging perspective, voice and presentation. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete